Thursday, March 7, 2013

"My Wonderful Hippie Years"

Writing my article on the "New 60's fashions", I began reminiscing back to the days when I am proud to say, I was part of the "Hippie Generation", also referred to as the "Swinger Generation".

It was all about "Peace and Love". Our generation believed we could change the world.

We removed our bras, did many things that are now frowned upon and tried to free ourselves of all that we disdain. We hoped for a future where we could be free, have equality, and where wars would be a thing of the past.

We were the true "Flower Children". Our music, clothing, and love for all showed our changing attitudes toward society.

After this brief, but wonderful decade, came the "Yuppies". Their materialistic, conservative ways of thinking, seemed to undo everything we had hoped would last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment