Monday, October 25, 2010

"West Coast vs East Coast Style" "Dressing for the Occasion"

Growing up in New Jersey, in the 60's, I remember how excited I was to "dress up" when going out for a special
occasion. Dressing appropriately and following the various rules for each season was quite important during those years. We were more formal in our attire during that time.

Is the East Coast more formal in their dressing, and the West Coast very lay back or are we just lazy about taking the time to get that "special " look?

Living in Southern California since 1965, I have seen how the different trends have come and gone. We live a more relaxed, casual way of life. We have no hard and fast rules regarding our choice of dress.

"Dressing for the Occasion"

Attending my husband's 50th High School Reunion, which was scheduled as "Cocktail Attire",
I was stunned as I walked into the room seeing almost all the women wearing pants, and some of the men dressed for the beach. What is wrong with this picture? My beautiful husband and I were dressed to the "9's".
Was it because we were both raised on the East Coast where people take pride in looking their best, or is it the West Coast lifestyle?
Working in the Fashion business, I was disappointed, but had a good time anyway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment